Flight trip planner
30+ Itinerary Templates (Travel, Vacation, Trip, Flight)
An itinerary refers to a detailed plan for a particular journey. It normally highlights on the places to visit and the plan of travel. By having a travel itinerary, you will benefit from having your travel arrangement information kept in one common location for easier retrieval and referencing. The travel plan is usually placed in the front of a folder that is full of your brochures, confirmation receipts and tickets and it will be a good source of obtaining information while you are on the road. Though the information on a travel itinerary for self or other people can contain different items, the basic structure is mostly retained. This site offers you with the best itinerary templates that you could make use of to simplify your work.
How to write a good travel itinerary
There are important details you should include in your itinerary for it to be precisely adequate for your travel and trip arrangements. The following information outlined in steps will help you come up with the best travel itinerary. If you find it hard to come up with a suitable travel itinerary it will be wise to use the travel itinerary templates that we have provided on this site.
- First and foremost you need to title the itinerary with the trip dates and primary destination or trip purpose. In case you are in a situation that demands that you prepare many itineraries for different people it will be prudent to place the name of the particular individual or group of people on their respective plans, this being at the top of the page.
- The next item is to detail the first flight or leg of travel by providing the departure time and location, the arrival time and the respective location, the flight number or train number and the airline or carrier’s name as well. You also need to list any seat or gate information that is available and what time the people to travel are to check in at the carrier’s departing location. Remember to record the reservation confirmation number as well as the customer service phone number in case there is or are any difficulties that you will encounter along the way.
- You need to provide details on the second leg of travel in case you have one before the first destination. In a situation where you have a connecting flight, you need to capture the amount of time that the travelers will have to spend getting off from one flight to the next. This one will make arrangements for connection in case the first leg of travel delays in any way.
- You need to include the meeting as well as the appointment information. It is advisable that you list all the meetings and travel arrangements, and this should be done in chronological order. This will make it easy for the traveler to look through his/her itinerary to figure out what to do at a specific time and what is to come next.
For meetings, you need to list the name of the destination, the name and the phone number of the contact person as well as the time for the meeting with the expected duration. Remember to include driving directions in case the traveler will need to drive him/herself to the various appointments.
- The next step is to list the rental or taxicab company information at the bottom of the itinerary. In case the trip is in different cities or rentals, you need to list them at the end of the day that they apply. Remember to include the name as well as the phone number of the rental company, the type of car that has been reserved and the reservation confirmation number as well. Don’t forget to list the pickup day and the time as well as the return date and time.
- You need to detail hotel accommodation at the end of each day what they apply to in case you have more than one reservation or destination. You need to include the hotel name, the address, the phone number and the reservation confirmation number. You need to remember to include the check-in date and time and the check-out date and time, and this should also accompany the nights the reservations are required. If the traveler will drive him/herself to the hotel, you need to include the driving direction right from the airport or last meeting or appointments of the day, and this should be determined by the timing.
- Provide the return flight or rail information lastly in a list of items arranged chronologically but this should be before any car rental or hotel information in case the items have not been arranged chronologically. You need to provide all of the same information for the return travel just the same way you did for the departure flights.