#yearly travel insurance
Annual Travel Insurance
Annual travel insurance is a multi trip travel insurance that covers you for all of your trips throughout the year provided each trip does not exceed a specified number of days.
Annual travel insurance provides most of the benefits that travel insurance does such as emergency medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, accidental death and dismember insurance etc. However, most annual policies do not provide any trip cancellation insurance and most provide a limited and/or fixed amount of trip interruption coverage.
If you are a busy traveler who is traveling all the time throughout the year, you don’t have the time or energy to look for travel insurance every time, and you may even forget to purchase it for some of your trips. In that case, annual travel insurance is most suitable.
If you are traveling for business all the time, annual travel insurance is for you. If you are retired but active and healthy and you take a lot of vacations throughout the year, annual travel insurance is for you. Simply anyone else who travels frequently can purchase annual travel insurance.
You should keep in mind the following things when purchasing annual travel insurance policies:
- Various policies allow a certain number of days of coverage during a given trip. It may be 30 days, 45 days or 70 days or some other duration. If you are going to be traveling for a much longer duration at a time, annual travel insurance policies are not suitable for you and you should instead consider single trip travel insurance policy.
- Even though some of the policies consider your age for the premium, many just charge a flat amount per year for you and for your family.
- The reason trip cancellation is not included in most annual travel insurance plans is that you would not know the details of all of your trips and their trip costs in advance. Number of trips you take may vary. Insurance company has no way to keep track of which trip you are going on and which one you can’t. As trip cancellation benefits are based on trip benefit, trip cancellation insurance is not provided in most policies.
- While there are many other factors, usually, the annual trip insurance may cost you 3 to 4 times more than single trip insurance. Therefore, it is really not necessary that you should be traveling every week or even every month to make purchasing annual travel insurance worthwhile.
- Most annual travel insurance policies require that you maintain a valid primary health insurance in your home country in order to be eligible to purchase such plan.
- Due to the fact that most annual travel insurance plans do not cover any trip cancellation and require you to have domestic health insurance, they are very low cost travel insurance plans.
- Before buy annual travel insurance, you should get the quotes from multiple companies and compare the benefits. Fortunately, web sites like insubuy.com provide you the convenience of getting quotes from multiple companies at the same time and making side by side comparison so that you can the decision for purchasing the plan that is most suitable to you.
- It is extremely important not to look just at the price, but also at the coverage you are getting.